Job Posting: Supervisor, Property & Transportation
Yonge Street Mission (YSM) is a vibrant, local Christian development agency that is leading a collective movement – going beyond meeting immediate needs – offering holistic programs and a pathway to transform the lives of people living with poverty in Toronto.
Since 1896, YSM has provided wraparound support and services, making it possible for individuals, families, and communities to move forward. We believe if we combine our collective resources and wisdom, together we can reach our goal of ending chronic poverty in a generation.
If you are inspired by our vision and feel a true calling to contribute to our work in transforming the lives of people living with poverty in Toronto from merely surviving to thriving, then this is where you belong.
We are seeking a full-time Supervisor, Property & Transportation. This position is to look after the maintenance, repairs, dealing with contractors and ensuring that the YSM six (6) buildings are in compliance with all City and Governmental regulations as it relates to Fire Safety and the Building Codes. Though this is a Supervisor role it will be expected that the person will be very hands on and carry out work when required.
Duties and Responsibilities
• To ensure all the YSM buildings are always in good working order and that all related work orders are created and carried out. To carry out monthly building inspections and create work orders as required
• There will be many times that the Supervisor will have to be hands on and help with moving, deliveries, driving the vehicles, setting up meetings, carrying out small repairs and just stepping up when help is needed
• Deal with all the YSM building contractors on a daily bases (pest control, waste management, elevators, fire safety, HVAC, electricians, security, plumbers etc.) Ensure all related invoices are correct and signed
• To manage the CMMS system for the buildings, create, close and monitor work orders on a daily bases. Manage the BAS system for 270 Gerrard and to carry out Building Inspections on a monthly basic
• To ensure that the Fire Safety Systems are being inspected, repaired and upgraded as instructed by our contractor and to ensure YSM is always in compliance
• To ensure that the YSM is carrying out building evacuations as per the Fire Code, train the fire wardens and ensure all paperwork is organized and located in a central location
• To manage the fleet of vehicles and ensure they are properly insured, licensed and maintained and carry out all the paper work required to achieve this
• To do the invoicing, ensure contractors are paid on time, not over charging, that the work has been completed and that the department is within budget and the work was within estimate. To create Purchase Orders for projects
• To attend emergency calls as directed by the Manager of Properties
• To be able to work with minimal supervision and directions
• To act as the Property Manager in their absence
• Ensure that the department is within budget and all work carried out is within the budget restraints of the department
• Have 5-7 years’ hands on experience in Property Management (having apartment building
experience would be considered an asset)
• Have experience in dealing with contractors ,sub-contractors and small renovations
• Be able to work weekends, after hours and be on call when required
• Have a valid driver’s license with a clean record
• Must be a committed Christian
To apply, please click on this link https://ysm.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=75 to submit your resume and cover letter.
Deadline for Application: Open till filled Starting Date: as soon as possible
While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Learn more about YSM at www.ysm.ca