Position: Housing Coordinator
Location: Toronto, ON
Instructions: Applications must include a current resume and cover letter, and can be sent to [email protected]
Special Notes: Deadline: September 29th , 2023. Only selected applicants will be notified if they have been chosen to take part in an interview process.
Who We Are
Richmond Community Management Services, (RCMS) provides community, financial and property management services to co-operative, non-profit and private sector clients. We help communities run smoothly and efficiently through community-focused services built on integrity, experience and professionalism.
The Housing Coordinator is primarily responsible for all administrative and financial information processing activities at their assigned sites; in addition to the oversight and coordination of the Company’s administration systems and record keeping. The Housing Coordinator will be responsible for the areas of member / tenant services, financial information processing, maintenance, office administration, inquiries, preventative maintenance management and community development.
- Ensure petty cash is being tracked and maintained.
- Prepare reports, memorandums, notices, action lists and board meeting minutes in a timely manner.
- Prepare all legal notices as required.
- Attend all meeting as requested.
- Ensure your COE (calendar of events) is being reviewed and updated.
- Ensure that the filing of FORM 1 (Initial Return / Notice of Change) is completed.
- Reply to member / tenant inquiries and concerns in a timely manner.
- Review site binder and ensure it is up to date.
- Provide community involvement and support to various committees, clubs and initiatives at your site.
- Process applications as per the by-laws, policies and procedures as well as the “centralized waiting list” applicable to your work location.
- Coordinate the move in/out process for your site.
- Fill vacancies in a professional, expedient and efficient manner at all times.
- Maintain contractor key log.
- Ensure all keys are properly accounted for and kept track of at all times.
- Telephone reception, checking and returning voicemails
- Rent Geared Income Calculations
- Ensure that the payables and receivables systems are functioning and conforming to company policies.
- Enter all deposits and expenses into the accounting system.
- Prepare the annual financial audit as required.
- Prepare the annual budget as required.
- Prepare the operational review as required.
- Ensure that the maintenance work order system is functioning in accordance with the various policies and procedures.
- Collect, assign and enter all work-orders into HMWorks in a timely manner.
- Prepare monthly work order reports for review.
- Ensure that the preventative maintenance plan adhered to and up to date at all times.
- Carry out regular property inspections and take corrective action as required.
- Ensure that the Client has service agreements in place and contracts with trades, contractors and consultants that are reliable and cost effective.
- Ensure that trades are properly supervised.
- Ensuring that all completed work is inspected prior to releasing payment to contractors / suppliers.
- Manage on-site cleaners and maintenance staff.
- Plan and schedule maintenance work with contractors.
- Administration experience required
- Written / Oral communications, Professionalism
- Attendance / Punctuality, Dependability
- Evening/weekend work is required
RCMS is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to recognizing and celebrating the diversity of opinion, talent and expertise that make each person unique. We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please visit our website for further information: www.rcms.ca