Part-time Maintenance Assistant – Marine Heights Co-op
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION:
Marine Heights Co-op is looking for a part-time maintenance assistant who can perform maintenance and general repairs related to member units, common areas, grounds and equipment in a timely and efficient manner.
- Maintenance Coordinator
- Minimum 21 hours per week
- Full benefit package (after completion of probationary period)
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The requirements listed would depend on the work orders issued by the administrative manager and assigned by the maintenance coordinator. Including, but not limited to:
- Perform maintenance and minor repairs in the areas of electrical, plumbing, carpentry and general repairs, as required.
- Must have standard tools for use during work order assignments.
- Monthly lubrication of circulating pumps
- Bleed radiators
- Lack of Heat
- Replacement of washers and tap stems
- Clear blockages in pipes
- Repair to P-traps and J bends in pipes
- Repair/replacement of flappers/flanges and toilet tanks
- Replace/repair door closures, door frames and trim
- Install doors in member units
- Install drywall and perform plaster repairs
- Install ceramic tiles
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS /QUALIFICATIONS
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
- At least 2 years of relevant experience is an asset
- Exert 10 –20 lbs of force to lift, carry, push and pull.
- Experience using ladders
- Ability to stand, crouch, kneel, twist/turn, reach.
- Indoor/outdoor work environments with exposure to weather extremes
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision to prioritize repairs
- You must be able to communicate in a professional personable manner with staff and members of diverse backgrounds and abilities, outside contractors and trades as required.
*Note: The above job requirements are not exhaustive. Other duties may be assigned from time to time.
If you are interested in this position, please email your cover letter and resume to Marine Heights Board of Directors at email@example.com
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.