Peggy and Andrew Brewin Housing Co-operative
Peggy and Andrew Brewin Housing Co-operative is comprised of 78 apartments in the Church-Wellesley area of downtown Toronto. The co-op is a remarkably diverse community. The incumbent must be able to communicate effectively with people from all backgrounds and stages of life and embrace the members where they are in their current lives and predicament with grace and dignity.
The Co-op is looking for a full-time manager (35 hours) to oversee and manage the day-to-day operation of the Co-op, under the direction of the Board of Directors. The co-op has a full-time and part-time maintenance staff and a contract bookkeeper.
• Financial Management
• Property Management
• Government and Corporate Relations
• Legal Issues, Arrears and Subsidy Administration
• Membership and Community Development
• Minimum of 3 years experience working in housing management, with strong co-op housing experience.
• Strong organizational and communication skills.
• Experience in supervising staff and contractors.
• Proficiency in word-processing, spreadsheets, database and knowledge of New Views accounting system
• Knowledge of property management and co-op administration. Knowledge of the Housing Services Act and RGI administration under the HSA
• Experience in acting as a resource and support for the Board of Directors, for committees, and for community development work.
• Ability to work with volunteers in a diverse community.
The Co-op offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits.
Application deadline: July 28, 2021
Please send a cover letter and resume to:
77 Charles Street East, Suite 100
Toronto, Ontario, M4Y 2Z7,
or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org