MANAGER – 35 HOURS A WEEK
Harbourside co-op is a 55-unit Section 95 housing co-op located in the Bathurst Quay area of Toronto. The co-op is a mixture of two storey townhouses with walk up apartments on the 3rd floor.
The co-op has a full-time maintenance worker and a bookkeeper who support the office.
The manager must be available during regular business hours, with occasional evening work to support the Board of Directors and/or deal with emergencies.
• Provide general management and support to co-op members and the Board of Directors.
• Ensure that all Corporate and Legal obligations are complied with.
• Financial Management
o Use New Views for Non-Profits to manage subsidy calculations, audit preparation, accounts receivable and payable, etc.
o Prepare annual budget with the support of the Finance Committee.
o Supervise the maintenance worker, participate in annual inspections, work with contractors and engineers, and facilitate long-term maintenance projects.
o Ensure co-op is compliant with all regulatory bodies.
• Manage the co-op waitlist and support the Membership Selection committee.
• General office administration activities.
• Experience in the Co-op sector, Section 95 co-ops in particular.
• Computer Skills – MS Word, Excel, Google Docs, ability to work with New Views for Non-Profits doing day to day entries.
• Financial skills – Day-to-day and long-term financial planning.
• Ability to manage contractors and tradespeople, and work with volunteer committees.
• Ability to execute long term capital plans
• Experience negotiating mortgages, managing Rental Assistance Programs, etc.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Commensurate with experience. Co-operators Benefits offered. Deadline: Wednesday August 31, 2022. Please email a resume with a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Manager Application” in the subject line.