Manager – Forty Third Street
Opening Date: March 15, 2023
Closing Date: April 7, 2023
Reporting to: Board of Directors
Full Time: 36 hours per week with some evening for Members’ Meetings
Workdays: Monday to Friday – Monday 8 hours and Tuesday to Friday 7 Hours = 36 Hours
Some evenings required.
Start Date: May 1, 2023
Location: 15 Forty Third Street, Unit 104, Etobicoke, Ontario M8W 3P7
Forty Third Housing Co-operative is funded by the Province of Ontario and administered by the City of Toronto. It is a 106-household, diverse community consisting of three walk-up (no elevator) apartment buildings.
The co-op employs a part-time bookkeeper, a part-time administrative assistant, part-time cleaner and part-time Maintenance Worker
Reporting to the co-op’s board of directors, the manager’s job is to oversee and be accountable for the management of the co-op’s operations. Duties will include:
- managing the co-op’s finances
- developing and implementing an overall property maintenance and repair program
- ensuring that the co-op meets its legal
- developing and implementing a strategy to maintain full occupancy of the co-
- supporting good governance in the co-op by the board and membership
- efficient administration of the co-op’s office and management of other co-op
The successful applicant will be:
- financially literate with strong property management skills
- an efficient administrator and effective supervisor of other staff
- familiar with computer programs in common use in an office environment
- knowledgeable about HSA funded co-ops and the laws that apply to housing co-
- experienced with rent-geared-to-income program
- a good communicator – both orally and in writing
- able to work effectively within a co-operative management and governance structure and relate to a diverse co-op community.
- a self-starter with an ability to work with limited direct
Some evening work is required. The expected start date is Monday May 1, 2023. The co-op offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
What We Offer
- A chance to make a difference in a supportive and inclusive community
• Paid vacation and sick leave
• Health & Dental Benefits
How To Apply
Send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Attention: Hiring Committee, Forty-Third Housing Cooperative
- Three professional references must be provided at the interview.
- Two references must be from past employers and one from a professional relationship.
- References will not be contacted unless you are shortlisted for the final round.
- Please note that in addition to references, a police check will also be completed.NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE
Forty Third Housing Co-operative thanks all applicants in advance. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Forty Third Housing Co-operative is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We will be happy to work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.