Manager, Community Housing Operations – Homestarts
Homestarts Incorporated is a non-profit, community-based organization. Founded in 1975, we offer management, maintenance, consulting and development services to housing co-operatives and non-profit housing groups. Currently, we provide services to approximately 100 co-op and non-profit clients located in cities throughout Ontario.
Homestarts is currently recruiting for a Manager, Community Housing Operations in the Toronto area. The successful candidate should have a minimum of 3 years experience in a Supervisory role in Co-operative/Non-Profit Housing Operations.
Managers are responsible for Managing staff at Multiple Sites. Additional Details below.
Staff Support and Oversight
- Assist in the hiring and review of coordinators, maintenance workers, cleaners, summer students and
- Provide ongoing support and supervision of on-site staff.
- Provide financial, rent-geared-to-income, arrears, administrative, marketing, preventative and maintenance and property management training to on-site
- Assist staff with establishing priorities, organization, and time
- Co-ordinate additional training sessions and advice for staff internally and with outside agencies.
- Co-ordinate staff schedules, vacation, fill in requirements and monitor vacation & illness.
Managing Client & External Relations
- Develop strategies to deal with difficult individuals and
- Coordinate additional training sessions and advice for boards internally and with outside agencies.
- Educate boards and staff on the roles of governance and
- Attend co-op / non-profit board and members meetings as
- Liaise with Service Managers, Agency, CMHC, lawyers, auditors, CRA, engineers/contractors, sector
- Participate in process to secure and maintain co-op
- Review financial controls and helps implement best practices at each co-op / non-profit.
- Review co-op / non-profit finances and make recommendations to support financial stability.
- Develop funding requests for grants and other forms of additional income for clients.
- Strategize for the long-term success of co-op / non-profit
- Ensure that the Co-op / Non-Profit meets applicable deadlines (AIR submission, grant proposals, budgets )
- Ensure compliance with funding program and legislative requirements at each client.
- Provide ongoing reports to the Executive Director
- Provide a link between Homestarts head office team and client sites and
- Promote the co-op / non-profit housing sector/
- Knowledge of NewViews, HM Worx, Yardi, Citrix and Microsoft Office programs
- Excellent organizational skills
- Building and supporting the Homestarts team strategy
- Communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Actively participating in internal staff meetings
- Other duties as determined
We offer a competitive wage plus group benefits after 6 months, RRSP contribution after a year and three weeks’ vacation per year, to start.
Homestarts welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Please email your resume to email@example.com by Saturday May 20, 2023
ONLY THOSE APPLICANTS CHOSEN FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED.