Maintenance Coordinator Job Posting
Benefits and Compensation per collective agreement
Reports to: The Manager and Board of Directors
Closing Date: November 2nd, 2020
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
The Maintenance Coordinator has the responsibility for the repair and maintenance of the units and buildings of Main Gerrard Cooperative. In cooperation with the Manager, the Maintenance Coordinator will develop and maintain routine preventative care of the buildings and units, supervise cleaning of common areas, address resident work orders, perform unit inspections, and consult on long term plans for capital development.
• Minimum 5 years experience in residential maintenance, preferably in the Cooperative or non-profit housing sector
• Experience and competency in repair work, including but not limited to: plumbing, carpentry, electrical, locks
• Experience in: maintaining accurate records, prioritizing work orders, and writing reports
• Experience in supervision and retention of trades-people and other contractors for short term and long term projects
• Experience in requesting tenders as required for materials and contract work
• Excellent supervision, mediation and communication skills; including confidential resident interaction
• Experience in maintaining compliance to safety standards and laws, including: City of Toronto Property Standards, Ontario Building Code, Electrical Safety Code, etc
• Proficient in: Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and internet researching
• WHMIS and First Aid Certification
• Ontario Drivers licence, own vehicle preferred
• After-hours emergency service response when required
Please send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
A successful applicant will be self-motivated, with an ability to work independently with minimal daily supervision.
Successful applicants will be subject to a police check.