LIVE-IN CUSTODIAN JOB POSTING
Broadview Housing Co-operative Inc. is a 111-unit, 15 floor, high-rise apartment building located at 1050 Broadview Avenue in Toronto. We are looking for a live-in Custodian to work evenings and overnight Monday to Friday plus weekends (includes two weekends off per month).
* Building emergency response * Garbage Management * Building Security
* Weekend Cleaning * Snow Removal
* Carrying co-op owned cell phone; respond to calls while on duty evenings and weekends
• Experience in and knowledge of multi-residential building fire safety and fire safety systems;
• Knowledge and understanding of health and safety guidelines;
• Up-to-date certification in WHMIS, first aid and CPR;
• Knowledge of building systems i.e. mechanical system, garbage compactor system;
• Knowledge of and ability to operate a tractor and other snow removal equipment;
• Knowledge of general building maintenance and cleaning requirements;
• Good communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with residents, contractors and other staff;
• Ability to react appropriately in an emergency situation;
• Ability to prioritize duties and work independently;
• Knowledge / understanding of the housing co-operative and/or non-profit sector is an asset.
Compensation: 1bedroom apartment + bi-weekly stipend
Hours: Monday to Friday: 5 pm to 7:30 am (overnight*)
Building Security and Emergency Response
Saturday & Sunday: 8:00 am to 8:00 am (overnight*)
Cleaning, Building Security and Emergency Response
*Overnight – does not require that the Custodian remain awake, however, the Custodian must respond to the cell phone and any building emergency while on duty.
Please e-mail or fax your resume with full contact information for three (3) references to the attention of:
Lynda Micallef, Housing Manager
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax: (416) 467-6557
DEADLINE to submit Application in full: FRIDAY, OCTOBER 23, 2020 by 5:00 pm
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.