Campus Co-operative Residence Inc.
Campus Co-op is a not-for-profit student housing co-operative. We have 23 heritage homes located near college campuses in downtown Toronto. The 250 members of Campus Co-op occupy rooms in the houses and share common areas. Campus Co-op IS a vibrant and diverse co-operative student community in which members live affordably, learn, experience personal growth, build relationships and contribute to the co-operative. Our organization is governed by a member-led Board of Directors, which sets policies that guide operations.
Reporting directly to the General Manager, the Facilities Co-ordinator assumes ownership for the upkeep, repair and security of our housing portfolio. CCRI is seeking a Facilities Co-ordinator to oversee repairs on all the houses, as well as involvement in daily routine maintenance. The Co-op’s first priority must be safety and security of the members, as well as protecting the integrity and efficient functioning of the houses themselves. Facilities Co-ordinator will also work with a student Board of Directors, the accountant and member services staff.
Two full-time Maintenance workers, one full-time and one part-time housekeeping staff.
The Facilities Coordinator is the primary staff liaison for the Maintenance Officers from each house, responding to requests and educating members on minor repairs they can carry out.
- Directs and delegates the daily activities of maintenance and housekeeping staff
- Monitors and responds to maintenance requests from our members
- Develops implements and monitors preventative maintenance programs
- Leads daily maintenance meetings and communicates with staff to provide all information required to perform their functions
- Assists in troubleshooting maintenance problems as required
- Provides direction, motivation and coaching to staff
- Monitors and manages employee performance providing regular and immediate feedback to each of them
- Ensure the highest level of safety and quality standards are met with each project
- Consults with and manages external contractors
- Working with the General Manager and other staff to compile a list of reliable contractors and vendors to facilitate bidding tenders on all major projects
- Coordinating the purchase of supplies with Member Service staff
- Supervise all work, to ensure satisfaction and legality according to building codes, and that all work passes relevant city inspections up to sign off on permits
- Working with board and staff to develop and update a comprehensive long-term work plan, including scheduling and budgeting
- Monitors the budget and participates in the annual budgeting process for the maintenance department
- Support resident members with routine cleaning and up-keep of their houses
- Creating and co-chairing a maintenance committee
- Continuous supervision and training of volunteer house maintenance officers
- Provide monthly written maintenance progress and activity reports to the Board
- Attend Board, Executive committee, staff, and other meetings when required
- Respond to after-hour emergencies
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Hours of work:
- 5 per week
- 8 am to 4 pm Monday to Friday, including some weekends and evenings as required.
Salary: $55-$75K per year
- Extended group health benefits,
- RRSP contributions
- Onsite parking
CCRI houses are generally occupied by full-time post-secondary students, with a high turnover. Staff are ultimately responsible to the resident members, respecting their homes by giving adequate notice of entry and respecting their space. As a co-operative, one of our core values is equality and open membership and we do not discriminate on grounds such as race, religion, nationality, sexual identity, economic background, political beliefs, etc. Staff and Board may be required to attend periodic professional development courses.
Please include a resume and cover letter with three references to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 p.m on Friday August 12, 2022