Houselink Community Homes is a leader in the field of supportive housing and recovery for people living with Mental Illness. We have the following opening for individuals interested in joining our progressive workplace:
Community Mental Health & Housing Coordinator role
Step and Transition
One Year Full Time Contract (Maternity Leave)
The Community Mental Health & Housing Coordinator (Coordinator) is responsible for the delivery of support and program services within the designated housing portfolio. The Coordinator is responsible for day to day operations and decision making, while at the same time referring serious and important matters and issues to the Support Manager. The Coordinator will provide leadership within the housing program, and provide day to day oversight and work direction to front line staff. The Coordinator will be responsible for all related administrative tasks and be the primary liaison with the project partners. In addition to core responsibilities the Coordinator also works on both short term and long term special assignments, partnerships and special projects that may vary from team to team.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience Required
• Demonstrated leadership and supervision skills.
• Knowledge of the mental health & criminal justice system, homelessness, housing, poverty and relevant community resources
• Experience in program development and coordination
• Degree or Diploma and/or experience in related field
• Demonstrated written and verbal communication
• Strong administrative, time management and organizational skills
• Strong interpersonal and team skills
• Problem identification (practical, individual and interpersonal) and related problem solving skills
• Experience in community development and networking
• Ability to liaise effectively and develop both internal and external collaborative relationships
• Experience in record keeping file management, data management including generating and working from data reports.
• Experience in practical assistance, basic life skills counselling, supportive counselling, crisis intervention, advocacy, and group work, including mediation and conflict resolution
• Familiarity with building maintenance issues and life safety systems
• Computer skills Including knowledge of Microsoft Office, as well as electronic record keeping systems, electronic assessment and monitoring tools and database management.
Salary grade 12 – Step 1 $30.74. This a bargaining unit position, governed by the terms of a collective agreement.
Job offers are contingent upon the successful completion of a Criminal Records Check. Houselink is committed to the hiring of staff with lived experience with mental health challenges. Therefore, the information obtained from the criminal records check will be used only for determining whether the applicant represents any potential harm to our service participants.
Apply in writing by January 15, 2021 by 5:00, Quoting File # CMH&HC 222-01-21 to:
Houselink Community Homes
805 Bloor Street West
Toronto, ON M6G 1L8
Houselink has an equity hiring policy and is committed providing an inclusive selection process. Applications are encouraged from people with lived experience of mental health challenges and other equity seeking groups. Houselink will provide accommodation, upon request, to ensure a fair and equitable process.