Harbourside – Manager
Harbourside Co-op is a well established 55-unit Section 95 housing co-op located in the Bathurst Quay area of Toronto. The co-op is a mixture of two storey townhouses with walk up apartments on the 3rd floor.
We are a diverse and financially stable co-operative community with many long-term members.
The co-op is hiring a manager, in a 35 hour a week position, to start as soon as possible. The co-op currently has a full-time maintenance worker and a contract bookkeeper who also support the office.
The manager must be available to work on site during regular business hours, with occasional evening work to support the Board of Directors and/or deal with emergencies.
- Provide general management and support to co-op members.
- Provide support to the Board of Directors, including organizing and attending Board meetings and providing written reports as required.
- Ensure that all corporate and legal obligations are met.
- Financial Management
- Manage subsidy calculations, audit preparation, accounts receivable and payable, etc.
- Prepare annual budget with the support of the Finance Committee.
- Supervise the maintenance worker, participate in annual inspections, work with contractors and engineers, and facilitate long-term maintenance projects.
- Ensure the Co-op is in compliance with all relevant federal, provincial and municipal regulatory requirements.
- Manage the member waitlist and support the Membership Selection committee.
- General office administration activities.
- Computer Skills – MS Word, Excel, Google Docs, ability to work with New Views for Non-Profits, doing day to day entries.
- Financial skills – Day-to-day and long-term financial planning.
- Ability to manage contractors and tradespeople, and work with volunteer committees.
- Ability to execute long term capital plans.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage competing priorities.
- Experience managing Rental Assistance Programs an asset.
- Experience in the Co-op sector, Section 95 co-ops in particular an asset.
Salary Range: $70,000 – $75,000 (commensurate with experience)
Benefits: Comprehensive Health and Dental Benefits are provided via Co-Operators.
Application deadline: February 17, 2023. Please email a resume with a cover letter to email@example.com with “Manager Application” in the subject line.