Office Administration – Hugh Garner – Deadline Feb 23rd
HUGH GARNER HOUSING CO-OPERATIVE
Office Administration (Temporary Position)
Hugh Garner Housing Co-operative is seeking a part-time, temporary Office Administrator for a 181 unit
building, located in downtown Toronto. We are nestled between St. Jamestown and Cabbagetown. The co-op also employs a full-time and part-time staff of 6 employees. This position requires reporting to the Board of Directors with day to day direction and supervision through the co-op’s co-ordinator. The position includes assisting the co-ordinator in daily tasks as well as the day to day operations of the office.
Duties will include:
• Assisting Members with inquiries over the phone, by email and in person
• Ensuring that the office is covered during open office hours
• Assisting the co-ordinator in daily duties as required
• Efficient administration of the co-op’s office
• Assist in preparation for various meetings/reports etc.
• Experience working in the co-op sector – preferably with Federal co-ops
• Excellent communicator – both orally and written
• The ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner
• Able to work effectively within a co-operative management and governance structure
• Passionate about co-operative ventures and a belief in the future of housing co-operatives
• Able to work with both limited and more direct supervision
• Flexibility and excellent interpersonal skills are definitely asset
• Knowledgeable about and comfortable working with people from diverse cultures, languages and lifestyles
Hugh Garner Housing Co-operative is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Recruitment-related accommodations will be provided upon request.
This is a temporary position from March 2018 – December 2018 3 – 4 days per week
Unionized position with a competitive salary.
Application Deadline: Friday, February 23rd 2018 at 6pm.
Please send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
We thank all applicants, however, we can only contact those who have been selected for an interview.