Mental Health Recovery Worker – Houselink – Deadline Dec 15th
Houselink Community Homes is a leader in the field of supportive housing and recovery for people living with Mental Illness. We have the following opening for individuals interested in joining our progressive workplace:
Mental Health Recovery Worker
2 Permanent Positions (21 hours week) &
One Nine Month Contract (21 hours week)
The Mental Health Recovery Worker is a member of an integrated support team. Using a recovery framework, this position is responsible for providing mental health peer support to tenants experiencing mental health issues and organizing group and community activities that promote
mental health recovery.
Required Skills, Knowledge, Ability and Experience
This position requires an individual who has:
• Personal experience of the mental health system resulting from mental health and/or addiction issues
• Experience with the criminal justice system (an asset)
• Self-awareness of one’s recovery process and lived experience of the mental health system
• Proven ability to select and willingness to share personal experiences that are relevant to the situations and for reasons that are helpful for the clients
• Experience in peer support, group work, and organizing community activities
• Completion of recovery-oriented training
• Certified facilitator in WRAP or Pathways to Recovery
• Proven ability to work productively and independently in a multi-agency partnership
• Demonstrated well-developed interpersonal skills that will produce effective, productive
and appropriate relationships with tenants
• Excellent verbal, written communication, and listening skills
• Demonstrated organizational, time management, and problem solving skills
• Knowledge of homelessness, mental illness, addictions, harm reduction and community resources
• Demonstrated abilities in accurate and timely record keeping and file management
• Commitment to anti-oppression and working in a recovery framework
• The capability to perform physical demands of the job including travel to various housing locations and practical assistance with daily living tasks
Hourly rate is $24.54. This is a bargaining unit position, governed by the terms of a collective agreement.
Job offers are contingent upon the successful completion of a Criminal Records Check. Houselink is committed to the hiring of staff with lived experience with mental health challenges. Therefore, the information obtained from the criminal records check will be used only for determining whether the applicant represents any potential harm to our service participants.
Please send cover letter and resume, Quoting File # MHRW 222. Deadline to apply by December 15, 2017 by 5:00 pm to:
Houselink Community Homes, Hiring Committee
805 Bloor Street West, Toronto, ON M6G 1L8
Or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Houselink has an equity hiring policy, is committed providing an inclusive selection process. Applications are encouraged from people with lived experience of mental health challenges and other equity seeking groups. Houselink will provide accommodation, upon request, to ensure a fair and equitable process.