Member Services Co-ordinator – Homestarts – Deadline – Aug 31st
Co-op Housing Member Services Coordinator – Scarborough
Homestarts Incorporated is looking for a Co-ordinator to manage the day-to-day tasks at Co-operative Housing properties in Scarborough. The position is full-time (5 days/37.5 hours per week). Occasional evening or weekend work will be required in the position to attend Board, Committee and Members meetings.
• University degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum three years’ experience in non-profit or co-op housing, social services or related field
• Extensive customer service
• Previous experience working with a volunteer board of directors
The successful applicant will be
• able to work independently , while working with a team
• effective at prioritizing tasks and handling stress in an extremely busy environment
• proficient with Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint; familiar with NewViews / NVNPH, HMWorx
• knowledgeable about housing policy and the associated regulatory environment
Someone with no experience in co-op or non-profit housing may be considered provided they have the relevant, transferable skills and a compatible work/educational background, including working with a volunteer board of directors, ability to manage multiple priorities, etc.
Homestarts provides a comprehensive compensation package, tiered to reflect length of employment, including group benefits after 3 months, 3 weeks’ vacation to start and RRSP contribution after 1 year.
Homestarts is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Human Resources will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any state of the hiring process.
WE THANK ALL APPLICANTS, HOWEVER, ONLY THOSE CHOSEN FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to by email only to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note Job #369 in your subject line
Application Deadline: August 31, 2018