Manager/Co-ordinator – Athol Green Co-op – Deadline Aug 21st
Athol Green Co-operative Homes Inc. – Manager/Co-ordinator
Our co-op is seeking an experienced Housing Co-ordinator/Manager to work a 24 hour week. Athol Green Co-operative is a Federal Housing Co-operative, comprised of 48 apartment units. We are conveniently located in downtown Whitby, Ontario
OBJECTIVE: Reporting to the board of directors, the Manager/Co-ordinator will provide day-to-day management of the co-operatives including property management, community development and corporate record keeping.
The successful applicant will:
• have experience and understanding of the Co-operative Housing Sector
• efficiently carry out annual/as needed Rent Geared to Income Reviews and
• provide required notice to members
• work closely with CMHC and/or The Agency for Co-operative Housing
• be able to manage the Co-op’s finances and understand monthly financial statements/reports
• produce/follow Annual Operating and Capital Budget(s)
• ability to seek bids/tenders for capital projects
• have excellent interpersonal skills, including problem solving, negotiation and resolution skills
• have effective oral and written communication skills
• be able to organize tasks and priorities
• be able to work independently
• understand the Co-operative Corporations Act, Co-op By-laws and the new Eviction System
• with the LTB.
• have experience working with volunteers
• effectively supervise the efforts of members and contractors
Some evening work will be required.
If you are interested in this position and meet our qualifications, we invite you to submit your cover letter and resume along with your salary expectations by August 21, 2017 to email@example.com
or Mail to Athol Green Co-operative Homes Inc.
250 Dunlop St. E., Whitby, ON L1N 1S3
No Phone Calls Please.
We thank all applicants but we will only contact selected candidates for an interview.