Manager – Fred Downling Co-op – Deadline May 23rd
Last Revision April 16, 2018
Job Posting for Fred Dowling Manager- Version 2
Fred Dowling Co-op is a 72 unit housing cooperative in the Dupont-Christie neighbourhood. It is easily TTC accessible.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, supervising the administrative assistant and working with member committees, the Coordinator is responsible for all aspects of the day-to-day management of the co-op, including financial and property management, and corporate record keeping. Occasional evening work will be required.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Minimum five years’ experience; preferably as a manager in the co-op sector
• Minimum five years’ experience in financial management, including preparing capital and operating budgets and monitoring spending
• Understanding of the Co-operative Corporations Act and other legislation and issues related to co-op housing, particularly in federal program co-ops
• Excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills and ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner
• Basic understanding of bookkeeping practices and working knowledge of Newviews, MS Word and Excel
• Ability to interact with a diverse membership with sensitivity, integrity and impartiality and experience working with volunteer boards and committees
• Experience in supervising staff and overseeing contractors
• Ensuring that the co-op fulfills its legal and corporate obligations; legal issues, arrears and subsidy administration
• Financial management: including operating and capital budget planning
• Property management including long term capital planning and managing the co-op’s property maintenance and repair program
• Ensuring that the co-op maintains full occupancy
•Supporting good governance by the Board and membership
• Efficient administration of the co-op office
30 hrs per week (4 days a week). Some evening work is required. We offer a competitive salary and benefits.
Please submit your letter of application and resume to email@example.com by May 23rd, 2018
Only applicants who will be interviewed will be contacted