Maintenance Worker – TC Douglas Co-op – Deadline Sep 1st
T. C. Douglas Housing Co-operative Inc.
60 River Street
Toronto, ON M5A 4G5
The T. C. Douglas Housing Co-operative is looking to hire a Permanent Maintenance Worker. Resumes with cover letters are due by Friday August 17, 2018 and must be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position Title: Maintenance Worker
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Salary & Benefits: Competitive Sector Rates Co-operative Benefit package
Hours of Work: 32 hours per week.
Report to the Property Manager and Performs maintenance & repairs related to buildings, grounds, and equipment, in one or more areas such as electrical, plumbing, basic carpentry, painting, and grounds-keeping.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• In conjunction with the Property Manager: Responsible for all hands-on-maintenance of the property as required to building exterior, interior common areas, grounds, mechanical systems and equipment and work orders generated from residents. Where required, set priorities in conjunction with the board
• Responsible to perform regular daily inspection of the grounds, structure, mechanical and electrical systems
• Responsible to ensure safe, workable maintenance areas free of clutter and hazards
• Responsible to maintain key and lock control of maintenance area and key box.
• Required to change locks as needed with move-ins and move-outs
• Ensure timely removal of snow and ice from stairwells, entrance ways and city sidewalks
• Where the work scope is outside of your training, skill and/or ability, an outside contractor must be engaged to complete the work
• Tender and administer trade contracts for repairs or improvements as required (in accordance with spending policies/replacement reserve budgets etc.)
• Inspect work of all contractors before they leave the premise to ensure work has been adequately addressed
• Control use of Co-op maintenance equipment by members. Ensure that equipment is kept in good state of repair and in working order (i.e. gas in snow blower, etc.)
• Inspect and approve deliveries of maintenance supplies.
• Ensure required maintenance supplies are on hand as required well in advance of need (i.e. road salt, etc.)
• Co-op experience will be considered an asset
• High School Diploma
• Two (2) years recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
• Self Motivated
4 Days/32 hours total per week.
Deadline for applications is 1 September 2018