Maintenance Worker – Hugh Garner Co-op
Hugh Garner Housing Co-operative
Maintenance Worker job posting
Hugh Garner Co-operative, located in the Cabbagetown neighbourhood of downtown Toronto, is seeking a full-time Maintenance Worker for (35) hours per week.
We are a non-profit housing provider seeking an experienced maintenance worker for its 181-unit 8 storey building.
• Perform and complete daily, weekly and monthly checklists on building equipment and maintain records of scheduled maintenance procedures
• Assist with monthly building maintenance safety compliance
• Perform preventative maintenance tasks essential to extending lifecycle of equipment and building
• Manage member work-order requests for repairs, including proper follow-up to ensure satisfaction and completion
• Responsible for minor repairs and maintenance (plumbing, electrical, appliances, drywall, painting, doors, door locks, etc.)
• Maintain required inventory
• Preparation for work specifications
• Work with trades people and contractors
• Conduct move-in/move-out inspections, annual inspections and prepare units for new members
• Cultivate and maintain positive relations with members
• Abide by the co-op’s Environmental, Policy, Purchasing, and Maintenance Policies & Procedures
• This position requires reporting to the Board of Directors with day to day direction and supervision through the co-op’s Co-ordinator.
• Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience. Any experience working with in a co-operative or multi-unit residential building would be an asset
• Drivers License is a requirement and vehicle is an asset
• Working knowledge of building systems and building code requirements
• Carpentry and handyman skills are required
• Must successfully complete a criminal record check and be bondable
• Must be able to work independently, efficiently and effectively in a collaborative workplace
• Basic Plumbing and Electrical skills are required
• The ability to organize, prioritize and complete tasks/projects within set time frames is crucial
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
• Self-motivation and ability to work with minimal supervision
• Ability to work with management and meet specific organizational targets
• Must be able to work in a Microsoft Office computer environment
• Must be flexible and willing to work as a team in a small cohesive workgroup
• Ability to work in a diverse community
This position involves working (5) days a week, some evening work will be required
Hugh Garner Housing Co-operative is a unionized workplace with a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
Please submit your resume, cover letter and three (3) references by email, with the subject line “Maintenance Worker” to: Board@hughgarner.com
Deadline: Until a suitable candidate is found.
Please note that we thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.