Maintenance Worker – Hugh Garner Co-op – Deadline Jun 27th
Hugh Garner Housing Co-operative
Maintenance Worker job posting
Hugh Garner Co-operative, located in the Cabbagetown neighbourhood of downtown Toronto, is seeking a full-time Maintenance Worker for (35) hours per week.
We are a non-profit housing provider seeking an experienced maintenance worker for its 181 unit,
8-storey apartment building.
• Perform and complete daily, weekly and monthly checklists on building equipment and maintain records of scheduled maintenance procedures
• Assist with monthly building maintenance safety compliance
• Perform preventative maintenance tasks essential to extending lifecycle of equipment and building
• Manage member work-order requests for repairs, including proper follow-up to ensure satisfaction and completion
• Responsible for minor repairs and maintenance (plumbing, electrical, appliances, drywall, painting, doors, door locks, etc.)
• Maintain required inventory
• Preparation for work specifications
• Work with outside trades people and contractors
• Conduct move-in/move-out inspections and prepare units for new members
• Cultivate and maintain positive relations with members
• Abide by the co-op’s environmental, spending and maintenance policies and procedures
• This position requires reporting to the Board of Directors with day-to-day direction and supervision through the co-op’s co-ordinator.
• Relevant work experience with a minimum of 5 years working in a multi-residential building is an asset
• Working knowledge of building systems and building code requirements
• Basic plumbing and electrical skills are required
• Carpentry and handyman skills are a major asset
• Must successfully complete a criminal record check and be bondable
• Must be able to work independently, efficiently and effectively in a collaborative workplace
• The ability to organize, prioritize and complete tasks/projects within set time frames is crucial
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
• Self-motivation and ability to work with minimal supervision
• Ability to work with management and meet specific organizational targets
• Must be able to work in a Microsoft Office computer environment
• Must be flexible and willing to work as a team in a small cohesive workgroup within a diverse community
This position involves working (5) days a week, some evening work will be required
Hugh Garner Co-op is a unionized workplace
Very competitive salary and benefits
Please submit your resume, cover letter and three (3) references by email, with the subject line “Maintenance Worker” no later than June 27, 2018 at 5:00pm to: Board@hughgarner.com
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Please note that we thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.