Maintenance Worker – Forty-Third Co-op – Deadline Oct 31st
Forty-Third Housing Co-op is seeking to hire a Part-Time Maintenance Worker. Resumes including cover letters and references are due by Wednesday October 31, 2018 and must be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title Maintenance Worker in the subject.
Location: Etobicoke, Ontario
Salary & Benefits: Competitive Sector Rates, Union, Co-operative Benefit package and RRSP’s
Hours of Work: 25 hours per week
Report to the Co-ordinator and perform maintenance and repairs related to buildings, grounds and equipment. These include in one or more areas such as electrical, plumbing, basic carpentry, painting and grounds keeping.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• In conjunction with the Co-ordinator: Responsible for all hands-on-maintenance of the property as required to building exterior, interior common areas, grounds, mechanical systems, equipment and work orders generated from residents. Where required, set priorities in conjunction with the Co-ordinator.
• Responsible to perform regular daily inspection of the grounds, structure, mechanical and electrical systems
• Responsible to ensure safe, workable maintenance areas free of clutter and hazards
• Responsible to maintain key and lock control of maintenance room
• Required to change locks as needed with move-ins and move-outs
• Ensure timely removal of snow from sidewalks, entrance ways and exit stairs including salting.
• Where the work scope is beyond that of your training, skill and/or ability, an outside contractor must be engaged to complete the work
• Inspect work all of all contractors before they leave the premise to ensure work has been adequately addressed
• Ensure that equipment is kept in good state of repair and in working order (i.e. gas in lawn mower)
• Inspect and approve deliveries of maintenance supplies
• Ensure required maintenance supplies are on hand as required well in advance of need (i.e. road salt, etc.)
• Co-op experience will be considered an asset
• High School Diploma
• Two(2) years recent related experience or and equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Self Motivated
25 hours total per week
Deadline for applications is Wednesday, October 31, 2018