Maintenance Manager – Cawthra Mansions Co-op – Deadline Jun 2nd
Cawthra Mansions Co-op is a non-profit, 84-unit dwelling in three low-rise buildings, located in downtown Toronto. We are seeking an experienced Maintenance Manager who is community minded and ecologically aware, with practical skills, to join our management team.
The role of the Maintenance Manager is:
– To manage the physical buildings and be responsible for the maintenance of the mechanical, electrical, plumbing, security,
fire alarm and other building systems, and the grounds of the Co-op property
– To supervise any third-party contractors and consultants
– To be a resource person for the Board of Directors, other staff, work teams, Property Management Committee and members
– To supervise cleaning staff
– To operate in a professional manner, respecting the privacy and confidentiality of the members
Skills and Experience:
– Experienced in maintenance of the mechanical, electrical, plumbing, security, fire alarm and other building systems
– Experience with the tender process
– Experience in the supervision of staff and outside contractors
– Excellent oral and written communication skills
– Ability to work with little supervision as well as within a team
– Good time management and record keeping
– Experience working with the budget process
– Knowledge of HMWorks, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel) and Google Products would be an asset..
– Experience working with a diverse population.
– 5 years of maintenance management experience (in the non-profit housing sector an asset)
You will excel in this role if:
You’re a self-starter and quick learner who is eager to get things done and improve processes along the way while managing a maintenance routine. You have above average client care and interpersonal skills and work well with all types of personalities. You have practical skills to apply to the maintenance needs at Cawthra. You have a history in maintenance management and a strong knowledge of building systems. You are both flexible and reliable.
The successful candidate must be bondable.
Here’s what we have to offer:
– A permanent position in a diverse community.
– An opportunity to grow, learn and be challenged.
– A competitive salary with benefits.
– This has a minimum 25 hour work week. Please note that some evening work is required
Please submit your resume and cover letter by June 2nd email@example.com. We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.