Maintenance Assistant – Cliffside Co-op – Deadline Feb 19th
PART-TIME MAINTENANCE ASSISTANT
CLIFFSIDE COURT HOUSING CO-OPERATIVE INC
Part-time Maintenance Assistant
Cliffside Court Housing Co-operative provides affordable housing to 86 members and their families. Our mission is to have well maintained units for all members so that they can enjoy their homes.
We are looking for an assistant to our Maintenance Person in order to complete the work orders on file and assist in unit turnovers. This position is for approximately 24 hours per week. Things to expect are:
• Complete work and repairs involving basic carpentry, drywall, minor plumbing, minor electrical work for vacant units.
• General Maintenance duties for all common areas, including minor drywall repairs, painting and changing lights. – Maintenance of vacant units. – Assisting Maintenance Co-ordinator with duties. – Able to lift 50 lbs. – Able to work independently.
• Routine and preventative maintenance – carry out preventative maintenance and other routine maintenance tasks according to schedules and work order;
• Assist Trades people as required and performs other related work assigned
• Any other duties as assigned by management.
• The successful candidate will have experience in the maintenance of building systems
• Familiar with the non-profit housing sector is an asset
• Extensive customer service and good communication skills – Ability to work with volunteers in a diverse community.
Cliffside Court Housing Co-operative offers a competitive salary.
We thank all applicants, however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Location: Scarborough, Ontario
Application deadline: Friday February 19, 2018
Start Date: ASAP
Please send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com