Maintenance Assistant/Cleaner – Main-Gerrard Co-op – Deadline Mar 2nd
Main-Gerrard Co-operative is a 102 unit housing co-op funded under the Federal Section 61 program. The co-op is located in the Main-Gerrard neighbourhood of Toronto.
We are looking for a Maintenance Assistant/Cleaner for 40 hours per week, Tuesday through Saturday. Daily work hours will accommodate the garbage collection schedules. This is a unionized position, under Unifor Local 333-14 and will report to the Manager.
- Complete work and repairs involving basic carpentry, minor plumbing, minor electrical work for vacant units.
- General Maintenance duties for all common areas, including minor drywall repairs, painting and changing lights. – Maintenance of vacant units. – Assisting Maintenance Co-ordinator with duties. – Able to lift 50 lbs. – Able to work independently.
- Ensuring the garbage collection schedule is maintained
- Assist Trades people as required and performs other related work assigned
- Cleaning of all interior buildings and grounds keeping tasks including snow removal, necessary to maintain the physical appearance of the building.
- The successful candidate will have a minimum of 3 years experience in the maintenance of building systems and cleaning
- Familiar with the non-profit housing sector.
- Extensive customer service and good communication skills – Ability to work with volunteers in a diverse community.
Main-Gerrard Co-operative offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
We thank all applicants, however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Application deadline: Friday March 2nd, 2018
Start Date: Monday March 19th, 2018
Please send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org