Interim General Manager – Neill-Wycik Co-op – Deadline Mar 6th
INTERIM General Manager Contract Position – Neill-Wycik Co-operative College Inc
Neill-Wycik Co-operative College Inc. is a 732 Unit student housing co-operative that is seeking an interim General Manager for a full time (35 hours/week) five (5) month term contract.
Working for Neill-Wycik Co-operative College Inc. is more than just a job. Our employees are committed to fulfilling the needs of our community by maintaining a well-kept housing co-op that residents are proud to call home. Would you like to work for an organization that focuses on building a healthy and supportive community with the chance to make a difference in people’s lives every day and competitive pay?
Skills & Experiences:
● Minimum of 3-5 years Property Management experience and a post-secondary education in a relevant field;
● Financially literate;
● In-depth knowledge of co-op housing governance, building maintenance, and financials (knowledge of Toronto housing regulations considered an asset);
● In-depth knowledge of the Co-operative Corporations Act (Housing Services Act and Cooperative Bylaws an asset);
● Familiarity with relevant Acts & Codes, including Fire Code, Building Code, and Landlord Tenant Board proceedings;
● Ability to manage and fill vacant units including waitlist management (if so required);
● Experience in working with members including follow up and successful collection of arrears;
● Proficient in Microsoft Office, (QuickBooks experience considered an asset);
● Experience managing & supervising staff;
● Experience working with Board of Directors and committees, acting as a resource;
● Project Management experience is required;
● Excellent people and communication skills;
● Excellent time management skills;
● Able to maintain confidentiality in a professional business manner;
● Ability to work with a flexible schedule including some evening work;
● Excellent written and spoken English;
● Liaise with the Agency for Co-op Housing, CMHC, CHFT, & CHFC as necessary;
Neill-Wycik Co-operative College Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that encourages applications from all qualified candidates and accommodates persons with disabilities.
Application: If you would like to be a temporary member of our team, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all interested candidates, however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time, 5 month contract March 27th, 2017 to August 14th, 2017
Compensation: $65,000- $75,000.00 annual, pro-rated for contract term. Includes full benefits.
Deadline: Monday, March 6, 2017
Neill-Wycik Co-operative College Inc.
96 Gerrard St E
Toronto ON, M5B 1G7