Full-time Cleaner/Maintenance Assistant – Marketview Co-op – Deadline Aug 24th
Marketview Housing Co-operative Inc.
Full-time Cleaner/Maintenance Assistant
Marketview Housing Co-operative is a non-profit housing co-operative located in downtown
Toronto. The co-op consists of a total of 112 units and is well maintained with a preventative maintenance program. We are currently looking for a full-time Cleaner/Maintenance Assistant to work Monday through Thursday, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, Friday 8am to 12pm and Saturday 8am to 12pm and may get overtime through on-call after hour calls. This position is supplied with a work cell phone for on-call. On- call calls is paid minimum 3 hours when called in after hours. This position involves cleaning all common areas of the buildings, and providing maintenance support as needed.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Clean all common areas of the buildings, including hallways, elevators, laundry room,
lobbies, and other locations as needed (dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping)
• Remove garbage and recycling, as per the garbage pick-up schedule
• Providing maintenance assistance as required, including minor adjustments and repairs
in members units (as per work order requests) and in common areas
• Notify management of any deficiencies and repairs as needed
• Maintain supplies and equipment for cleaning and maintenance work
• Perform all assigned duties in compliance with health and safety regulations
Requirements for this position:
• Minimum two years cleaning experience with maintenance background
• Knowledge of cleaning supplies and general maintenance equipment, including training
in WHMIS, familiarity with MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheets) and occupational health
and safety regulations
• Must be reliable, punctual and able to follow instructions from staff for maintenance
repairs and related tasks
• Must be comfortable and be able to move and/or lift objects up to 50 lbs for the
purpose of cleaning in and around them
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Driver license required
• Be available to take on-call calls
The right candidate should be able to work independently when the Maintenance Manager is out of the office. Be able to stand in for the Maintenance Manager at board meetings when the Manager is not available.
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 8:00am-4pm
Friday 8am to noon
Saturday 8am to noon
After hours On-Call – for extra pay (paid minimum 3 hours per call)
How to Apply:
Send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. The deadline for applications is Monday, August 24, 2020 at 12 p.m. Please note that only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Competitive salary based on qualifications and experience and we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package.