Financial Assistant – Bain Co-op – Deadline Nov 16th
BAIN APARTMENTS CO-OP IS HIRING A FINANCIAL ASSISTANT
Bain Apartments Co-operative Inc. is a 260 unit federally funded housing co-operative located in the heart of the Riverdale neighbourhood of Toronto.
The Co-op operates as a federal co-op under Program 34.18. The Co-op is seeking a full-time Financial Assistant to handle receivables, accounts payables, arrears, and rent subsidies. The Financial Assistant works closely with staff and committees, and will report to the General Manager.
• Performance of banking, general accounting, bookkeeping tasks and budget preparation
• Administer accounts payable and receivable.
• Financial administration for contracts, holdbacks, insurance, WSIB, etc.
• Interactions with members regarding financial matters including arrears.
• Calculate rent-geared-to-income housing charges
• Monthly reporting for rent subsidies
• Set up and maintain RGI files and member files
• Administer member parking in according with Co-op policies
• Provide support to the General Manager, Finance Committee, external Bookkeeper as required
• Liaise with auditors, bank or credit union officials and vendors
• Provide back-up for Front Desk Reception on occasion
• Minimum of 5 years of finance and accounting experience, preferably in the co-op housing sector.
• Ability to multi task and meet deadlines.
• Strong computer software skills with specific expertise with QuickBooks & HM Worx.
• Accuracy and attention to detail and timeliness.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and experience working with clients with diverse needs.
• Proficiency in both written and spoken English required with an emphasis on business communication (memos, reports, responding to financial inquiries, etc.)
This is a full-time, permanent position, at 35-hour per week with a competitive salary and benefits following a successful probationary period.
Interested applicants must send both a cover letter and a resume to:
The Hiring Committee, Bain Apartments. Co-operative
100 Bain Avenue, 29A Lindens (Office), Toronto M4K 1E8
The deadline for applying for the Financial Assistant position is noon on Friday, November 16, 2018.
No phone calls please. We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.