Co-ordinator – Longview Co-op – Deadline Feb 1st
Longview Co-op is a 64 unit co-op in a five-story apartment building in the Don Valley/Riverdale area of Toronto.
Reporting to the Board of Directors and working with member committees, the Coordinator is responsible for all aspects of the day-to-day management of the co-op, including financial and property management, community development and corporate record keeping. Occasional evening work will be required.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Minimum five years’ experience; preferably as a manager in the co-op sector
• Minimum five years’ experience in financial management, including preparing capital and operating budgets and monitoring spending
• Understanding of the Co-operative Corporations Act and other legislation and issues related to co-op housing, particularly in federal program co-ops
• Basic understanding of bookkeeping practices and working knowledge of NewViewsNPH , MS Word and Excel
• Excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills and ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner
• Ability to interact with a diverse membership with sensitivity, integrity and impartiality and experience working with volunteer boards and committees
• Experience in supervising staff and overseeing contractors
• Ensuring that the co-op fulfills its legal and corporate obligations; legal issues, arrears and subsidy administration
• Financial management: including operating and capital budget planning
• Property management including long term capital planning and managing the co-op’s property maintenance and repair program
• Ensuring that the co-op maintains full occupancy
• Supporting good governance by the Board and membership
• Efficient administration of the co-op office
Twenty-five to thirty-five hour work week. Salary commensurate with experience and Co-operators benefit package.
Please submit your letter of application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications must be submitted by email only. No phone calls please.
DEADLINE: THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 1, 2018
While all applications are appreciated, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.