Co-op Manager – Scarborough Bluffs Co-op – Deadline Jan 31st
NOTICE OF PERMANENT HOUSING EMPLOYMENT POSITION
Scarborough Bluffs Housing Co-operative, a 90-household apartment building located in the Kingston Road and Midland area of Scarborough, is seeking to fill the full time permanent position of Co-op Manager. Reporting to the Board of Directors and working with member committees. The Manager is responsible for all aspects of the day-to-day management of the co-op, including: financial and property management, community development and corporate record keeping.
The successful applicant will have the following skills and qualifications:
• Absolute minimum, five years experience in the non-profit housing sector
• Understanding of the Co-operative Corporations Act and other legislation and issues related to co-op housing.
• Experience in financial management experience, including preparing capital and operating budgets and monitoring spending. Excellent computer skills. Proven experience working with volunteer boards and committees
• Demonstrated ability to interact with a diverse membership with impartiality
• Superior problem-solving, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
Responsibilities will include:
• Ensuring that the co-op fulfills its legal and corporate obligations
• Managing the co-op’s finances
• Implementing the co-op’s property maintenance and repair program
• Ensuring the co-op has a strategy in place to maintain full occupancy
• Supporting good governance by the Board and membership
• Efficient administration of the co-op office
35 hour work week. Some evening work required. Benefits package and salary commensurate with experience.
Please send resume and cover letter by 4:30 pm on January 31, 2020.
To: The Hiring Committee
Scarborough Bluffs Housing Co-operative
Toronto ON M1N 1N1
No phone calls please
Three references must be provided at the interview.
We thank all applicants but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.