Co-op Manager – Margaret Laurence Co-op – Deadline Jan 14th
NOTICE OF PERMANENT POSITION
Margaret Laurence Housing Co-operative, a 149-household diverse and inclusive apartment building with complex needs located in the Church and Dundas area, is seeking to fill the full-time permanent position of Co-op Manager.
Reporting to the Board of Directors and working with member committees, the Co-op Manager is responsible for all aspects of the day-to-day management of the co-op, including: financial and property management, community development, supervision of 4 full-time/part-time staff, and corporate record keeping. The co-op is funded by the Province of Ontario and administered by the City of Toronto.
The successful applicant will have the following skills and qualifications:
▪ Minimum three to five years’ experience, in co-operative housing management.
▪ An understanding of appropriate legislation including The Ontario Human Rights ACT, Co-operative Corporations Act, Housing Services Act, Residential Tenancies Act Employment Standards Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act.
▪ Minimum five years’ experience in financial management, including preparing capital and operating budgets and monitoring spending.
▪ Proven experience working with volunteer boards and committees, member services and support. Experienced in community development, board development.
▪ Demonstrated supervisory and staff evaluation/development experience, experience in hiring, directing and supervising staff.
▪ Demonstrated ability to interact with a diverse membership with sensitivity, integrity and impartiality, embodying an anti-oppression, anti-racist, social justice approach.
▪ Superior problem-solving, negotiation and conflict resolution skills, able to manage multiple projects at the same time.
▪ Excellent oral and written communication skills.
▪ Flexible work schedule.
Responsibilities will include:
▪ Ensuring that the co-op fulfills its legal and corporate obligations
▪ Managing the co-op’s finances
▪ Implementing the co-op’s property maintenance and repair program
▪ Ensuring the co-op has a strategy in place to maintain full occupancy
▪ Supporting good governance by the board and membership
▪ Efficient administration of the co-op office and supervision of other co-op staff
Thirty-five hour work week. Some evening work required. Excellent benefits package; salary commensurate with experience.
Please send resume and cover letter by 5:00 pm on Tuesday, January 14, 2020, to:
The Hiring Committee
Margaret Laurence Housing Co-operative
c/o Michelle Arscott
No phone calls please.
Three references must be provided at the interview.
We thank all applicants but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.