Co-op Manager – Jenny Green Co-op – Deadline Nov 30th
Jenny Green Co-op Homes Inc.
Jenny Green is a municipally funded co-op seeking an experienced Co-op Manager to work a 30-hour week. Our co-op consists of 47 units. We are part of a block of four buildings sharing a central courtyard.
Our goal is to provide quality housing in a community environment.
The Co-op Manager would report directly to the Board of Directors. Key tasks would include: administration, public and government relations, property management, compliance with bylaws, and corporate record keeping.
The following qualifications would be part of the requirements of a successful candidate.
• Minimum of 3 years experience in the co-op housing sector
• Strong organizational and communication skills
• Knowledge of co-op administration and property management
• Proficiency in Microsoft office, knowledge of New Views
• Knowledge of Co-operative Corporations Act, co-op bylaws, the Housing Services Act and RGI administration for the City of Toronto
• Experience in acting as a resource and support for the Board of Directors, for committees, and for community development work
• Experience in supervising staff and contractors, when necessary
• Ability to work with volunteers in a diverse community
• Availability for some evening work
• Financial Management including operating and capital budget planning.
• Property Management including long-term capital planning.
• Government and Corporate Relations.
• Legal Issues, Arrears, Subsidy Administration and Filling Vacancies.
• Membership and Community Development.
The Co-op offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits.
If this position interests you and you meet the qualification, we invite you to submit your resume with cover letter, reference letters (3), along with your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: Thursday, November 30, 2017
No phone calls please