Co-op Maintenance Worker – Charles Darrow Co-op – Deadline May 11th
Co-op Maintenance Worker
Charles Darrow Housing Co-operative, located in Aurora, Ontario, is seeking a full-time Senior Maintenance Worker for (35) hours per week.
We are a non-profit housing provider seeking an experienced full-time Senior Maintenance Worker who will be responsible for the preventative and routine maintenance of 103 townhouses and a low rise building with 4 accessible apartments. The Senior Maintenance Worker will report to the Co-op Coordinator.
• Carry out preventative and routine maintenance based on schedules and work orders, (plumbing, electrical, appliances, drywall, painting, doors, door locks, etc.)
• Purchase supplies approved by the Coordinator
• Conduct move-out and annual inspections, prepare vacant units for new move-ins
• Maintain required inventory
• Tendering and negotiating contracts and supervise trades people/contractors
• Ensure fire safety OFC and OBC standards are met, monthly fire inspection and log
• Maintain positive relations with members
• Some heavy lifting required
• Other related duties as assigned
• Relevant work experience with a minimum of 5 years
• Experience in carpentry, floor tiling, painting, drywall/plastering, basic plumbing and electrical
• Working knowledge of building systems and building code requirements
• Own vehicle and bondable, vulnerable sector screening
• Good communication and organizational skills
• Ability to work in a diverse community.
• Computer knowledge, HMWorx an asset but can train
This is a unionized full time position, 35 hours per week, with occasional evening and emergency work. Salary to commensurate with experience.
Application deadline: May 11, 2018
Please submit your resume and cover letter by email or fax. No phone calls please.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.