Co-op Housing Membership Coordinator – Homestarts – Deadline May 31st
Co-op Housing Membership Coordinator – Durham Region
Homestarts Incorporated is looking for a Co-ordinator to manage the day-to-day tasks at one or more Co-operative Housing property(ies) in Durham Region. The position is full-time (5 days/37.5 hours per week). Occasional evening or weekend work will be required in the position to attend Board, Committee and Members meetings.
• University degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum three years’ experience in non-profit or co-op housing, social services or related field
• Extensive customer service
• Previous experience working with a volunteer board of directors
The successful applicant will be
• able to work independently , while working with a team
• effective at prioritizing tasks and handling stress in an extremely busy environment
• proficient with Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint; familiar with NewViews / NVNPH, HMWorx
• knowledgeable about housing policy and the associated regulatory environment
Someone with no experience in co-op or non-profit housing may be considered provided they have the relevant, transferable skills and a compatible work/educational background.
Homestarts provides a comprehensive compensation package, tiered to reflect length of employment, including group benefits after 3 months, 3 weeks’ vacation to start and RRSP contribution after 1 year.
Homestarts is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Human Resources will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any state of the hiring process.
WE THANK ALL APPLICANTS, HOWEVER, ONLY THOSE CHOSEN FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED.
Please submit your resume and cover letter by May 31, 2017 by email only to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note Job #296 in your subject line