2020 CHFT Diversity Scholarship Application
Deadline: Wednesday, February 5, 2020 at 4:00 p.m.
CHFT recognizes that the strength of our membership is reflected in the many cultures and identities represented within our co-ops. CHFT encourages applications from these diverse communities.
The purpose of the CHFT Diversity Scholarship is to recognize people living in co-ops who are actively promoting diversity through work within their community. We want to help them with their post-secondary education by providing them with award money, credit counselling and employment services.
You could be eligible for a scholarship if you are going to attend a publicly funded Canadian college, university or approved apprenticeship-training program. We offer scholarships for students who are just graduating from high school, or are currently enrolled in a post-secondary program or are returning to school after a break to complete an undergraduate program.
We have special scholarships that are awarded to people who have shown exceptional leadership in their school and community, or who have taken an active role in mentoring young people, or have demonstrated a commitment to social justice.
We also have the Success Becomes You scholarship. This scholarship recognizes people who are determined to succeed at the post-secondary level or in a skilled trade and who did not have the opportunity to finish their schooling due to family, financial or other circumstances.
Scholarships are $5000 distributed over 4 years.
If you are already attending college or university:
The scholarship is pro-rated for your undergraduate program. For example, someone part way through a program would be funded for the remaining years of that program.
Students will have to show us
- they are already registered full time
- a transcript, showing passing marks for the program
- accounts with the college or university are up to date.
Starting in second year, several colleges and universities provide additional money to CHFT Diversity Scholarship winners. These scholarships average $3,000 per student. (Please note: Some conditions apply. Recipients’ average must meet standard requirements.)
We accept applications from graduate students.
Eligibility – Applicants Must
- live in a CHFT member co-op
- plan to attend a recognized, publicly funded, Canadian, post-secondary education institution – community college, university or approved apprenticeship-training program on a full-time basis in the 2020/2021 academic year
- have used their knowledge and understanding of diversity to make a positive contribution to their school and/or local community
- have demonstrated a financial need.
- fill out the application clearly.
- gather all required documents from their sources ahead of time
- please attach supporting documents as PDFs.