Lawlor Court Co-op is seeking an experienced and motivated part time General Manager for 25-30 hours per week which will include some evening work and the occasional week-end work. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing all property management duties at the co-op. Including performing essential financial, asset management, maintenance oversight and community development duties. The General Manager reports to the Board of Directors comprised of 8 resident members.
Lawlor Court has been operating as a co-op since 1979. The co-op is comprised of 91 units (low rise apartment building and townhouses).
Property Maintenance & Management:
• Oversight of maintenance staff and projects
• Ensure effective property management of the co-op’s buildings and grounds.
• Ensure compliance with Fire & Life Safety, municipal, provincial and federal building-related codes, by-laws and legislation.
• Oversight of maintenance request records.
• Ensure that a regular inspection system is implemented.
• Monitor energy and utility costs of the co-op and, where appropriate, develop programs and procedures to reduce consumption/costs.
• Plan, schedule, monitor and report on approved capital projects
• In consultation with the Board of Directors, maintenance staff and engineering consultants ensure that long term plans are developed to address the co-op’s repair/replacement needs.
• Ensure accurate and up to date financial records.
• Make purchases, monitor invoices, implement accounts payables procedures.
• Review of rent supplement calculations for 23 households.
• Collect, deposit and track housing charges, revenue and member arrears using sage.
• Prepare and manage operating and capital budgets with finance committee, treasurer and Board of Directors.
• Assist in the preparation of the annual audit/AIR.
• File audited statements/AIR with government agencies as required.
• Ensure adequate insurance coverage is maintained and recommend to Board when changes are appropriate.
• With assistance, prepare long term financial analysis of the co-op in order to ensure financial soundness
• Ensure that monthly financial statements are prepared for Board and finance committee and present same at Board and committee meetings.
• Ensure adequate internal controls are in place in order to protect the co-op from financial loss
• Maintain all office functions including filing systems (digital and hard copy), equipment, supplies, and office systems.
• Monitor overall operation of the co-op’s computers and network Ensure maintenance of the co-op’s office space.
Member and Community Support:
• Receive and respond to requests from Members and the public in a timely matter.
• Establish and facilitate open office hours where members can meet with staff.
• Provide information to members regarding the Co-op’s principles, operations, and policies.
• Fair application of bylaws and policy at the co-op.
• Provide updates from the office to all members via memos/newsletter.
• Assist in preparation of Board agendas.
• Ensure that minutes are taken of Board meetings.
• Preparation and presentation of the monthly Manager’s report for Board meetings and other committee reports as requested.
• Report monthly on business arising from previous meetings.
• Preparation and presentation of reports/packages for general membership.
• File required reports and notices with government agencies on time.
• Ensure corporate records are maintained.
• Advise Board when bylaw amendments or updating is required.
• Facilitation of meetings, coordination of other events, as required.
• Act as an agent of the Co-op with municipal, provincial and federal government agencies as required by the Board.
Marketing and Rent-up:
• Ensure that there is a reasonable sized waiting list for each unit type.
• Ensure that member move-in/move-outs are coordinated.
• Ensure that occupancy agreements are signed by incoming members.
• Ensure minimal vacancy loss.
• Maintain the internal transfer list.
• Support and guidance through special projects (e.g. advocacy work etc)
• Writing applications for grant funding
• Other tasks as assigned by the Board.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, by September 30th, 2019 Please note: no phone calls will be accepted.
We thank all people that apply for this position however we will only contact the people who have been selected for an interview.
General Manager – Lawlor Court Co-op