Houselink Community Homes is a leader in the field of supportive housing and recovery for people living with serious mental health challenges. Houselink houses approximately 500 Torontonians, owning 22 properties and head leasing 126 units in over 20 locations across Toronto. It is looking for a dynamic, value driven individual, with a proven track record to manage its housing portfolio and oversee its maintenance program.
MANAGER OF PROPERTY SERVICES
Has the responsibility for strategic oversight of Houselink’s housing and rental portfolio and the day-to-day maintenance operations. The Manager is responsible for making critical decisions regarding the operations of the housing portfolio, including, but not limited to, capital planning, risk management, budgeting, legislative compliance, implementing and overseeing organizational structures, processes, and procedures. This could include buildings in which Houselink is contracted to be the property manager. The Manager provides strategic analysis and reporting to the Executive Director.
As part of the senior management team, this position provides leadership within the organization and is accountable for the promotion and consistent application of Houselink’s policies and practices to ensure the areas of responsibility adhere to and promote the mission and principles of the organization.
The position leads the Property Services Team, works across all departments, and establishes partnerships and vendor relationships to ensure the delivery of appropriate maintenance services so that the owned buildings and leased units are in good working order.
Skills, Knowledge and Education Required
• 10 plus years of combined working experience and/or formal education in building and maintenance management
• A minimum 5 years experience in supervising, directing and evaluating staff, ideally within a unionized setting
• Experience in non-profit housing is an asset
• Working knowledge of relevant legislations, regulations such as Occupational Health
& Safety, Landlord and Tenant Act, Fire Code, Building Code, AODA, etc.
• Comprehensive understanding and working knowledge of building life cycle management and capital reserve planning
• Ability to read architectural drawings and specifications
• Demonstrated project management skills
• Ability to develop work plans and conduct program evaluations
• Competent in using Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and experience in managing maintenance databases.
• Financial and budgeting experience
• Experience in the procurement process including negotiating, tendering and vendor management
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and a proven ability to communicate effectively with multiple stakeholders including marginalized groups; both verbally
and in writing
• Strong integrity, analytical thinker, highly organized with attention to detail
• Values aligned with Houselink’s mission and purpose including anti-oppression, eviction prevention and mental health recovery
• Class ‘G’ license required
To learn more about Houselink, visit “Who We Are” at www.houselink.on.ca.
In order to be considered for this opportunity, please forward your cover letter/email, resume, to Houselink Community Homes at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, April 30th, 2019, noting Manager of Property Services in the subject line.
The salary range for this position is $72,818 to $79,316. The starting salary for the successful candidate will be commensurate with his/her qualifications.
For more information about this position, see the complete job description at: http://www.houselink.on.ca/get-involved/careers-at-houselink/
Houselink Community Homes, Hiring Committee
805 Bloor Street West, Toronto, ON M6G 1L8
No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Houselink Community Homes is an equal opportunity employer and strives to ensure that its hiring process meets the needs of all persons with disabilities. As such, Houselink Community Homes will provide reasonable accommodation for any applicant, as requested during the hiring process.
Houselink Community Homes will not condone or tolerate any acts of discrimination or harassment under any of the grounds protected under human rights legislation. This commitment extends to the hiring process and throughout the course of employment.
Criminal Reference Checks
Job offers are contingent upon the successful completion of a Criminal Records Check. Houselink is committed to the hiring of staff with lived experience with mental health challenges. Therefore, the information obtained from the criminal records check will be used only for determining whether the applicant represents any potential harm to our service participants.
For a copy of Houselink’s Accommodation Policy, Equity Policy or Criminal Records Check or to request an accommodation during the recruitment process please contact Manager of Human Resources and Administration at email@example.com.