Position: Co-op Coordinator
Location: Downtown Toronto
Instructions: Applications must include a current resume and cover letter, and should be sent to Forward9@rogers.com. Please include the words “JOB POSTING” on the subject line of your e-mail.
Special Notes: Deadline: April 15, 2020 or until position filled. Only selected applicants will be notified if they have been chosen to take part in an interview process.
Who We Are
ForWard 9 Community Development Co-operative is a 75-unit housing co-operative located in the Beaches neighbourhood of Toronto.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, The Co-op Coordinator performs duties and responsibilities in the areas of member services, financial information processing, office administration, coordinating with Maintenance, responding to enquiries, and communicating with membership.
The Coordinator’s job is to oversee and be accountable for the administration of the co-op’s operations, subject to the general direction of the board of directors. The Coordinator acts as agent of the co-op in delegated areas of authority. The Coordinator provides support and communications flow to the board, Maintenance Co-ordinator and members, and keeps the co-op in touch with the wider co-op housing sector.
1. Ensures compliance with all financial requirements of the co-op’s funding program
2. Ensures that there are adequate financial controls in place
3. Maintains the financial records in coordination with the bookkeeper and auditor
4. Reviews and analyzes monthly financial statements for presentation to the Board of Directors on a monthly basis highlighting any matters of concern
5. Reviews and monitors capital expenditure needs
6. Purchase in accordance with budgetary guidelines with approval for exceptions made by Board of Directors
8. Administers the co-op’s accounts payable, including invoice processing and cheque preparation and delivery
9. Administers the rent-geared-to-income program based on the requirements of the co-op’s funding program
10. Manages arrears, issues late charges/NSFs and payment performance agreements,
11. Presents arrears reports to the board
12. Understands member community relations
13. Assists in the preparation of annual budgets
14. Liaises with and assists the Co-op’s auditor
15. Monitors cash flow
16. Makes bank deposits
17. Creates and files reports, memoranda, notices, Board meeting minutes
18. Prepares Board and Member meeting packages
19. Attends meetings as requested: Board of Directors, General Members, etc.
21. Orders and organizes office supplies
22. Processes incoming and outgoing mail and email
23. Checks and returns voicemails and emails in a timely manner
24. Ensures the maintenance of computer systems, and digital and paper records
• Administrative experience required
• Ensures observance of regulated life and safety, fire, health, and human rights codes
• Self motivated, must be able to meet deadlines, prioritize and complete tasks
• Property management and co-operative experience is an asset
• Written and oral communication skills, professionalism
• Attendance, punctuality, dependability
• Ability to process problems and recommend solutions
• Conflict management skills
• Evening and weekend work may be required from time to time
21 hours per week plus meeting attendance
Evening/weekend work may be required from time to time
ForWard 9 Community Development Co-operative is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to recognizing and celebrating the diversity of opinion, talent and expertise that make each person unique. We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.