Capital Project Administrative Assistant – Bain Co-op – Deadline Jan 23rd
Capital Project Administrative Assistant
Bain Apartments Co-operative
Yearly Contract part-time
Bain Apartments Co-operative Incorporated (hereafter referred to as “the Co-op”) is seeking a capital project administrator for in-house projects. The duration of the contract is TBD.
Located at 100 Bain Avenue, Toronto, the Co-op consists of a total of 260 housing units contained in 25 three-storey buildings, scattered over two city blocks. The buildings were originally constructed between 1913 and the mid-1920s.
2.0 Scope of Work:
• To assist in the creation and management of in-house capital projects under the direct supervision of the the Maintenance Co-ordinator.
• Streamline record keeping and reporting.
• Quantify and analyse outstanding repair work order requisitions
• Developing tender documents and conducting tender processes
• Writing reports/summaries pertaining to status of project
• Organizing and facilitating project meetings
• Supervision of trades
• Maintain project schedule
• keep accurate records
The skills required for this position are as follows:
• Ability to work independently, take initiative and seek direction as required
• Administrative experience, especially in property management, project administration and procurement.
• Analytic and writing skills sufficient to develop, under direction, specifications for procurement documents, issue papers and briefing notes.
• Computer skills with standard office automation tools (including Microsoft Office 365) and database queries.
• Good spoken and written communication skills; good manners, ability to communicate on technical matters with non-technical persons.
• Punctuality and reliability.
• Must successfully complete a Police Background Check
3.0 Work schedule and Compensation
This is a part-time contract position. Hours are somewhat flexible and there is room to fit the work schedule around school or other commitments, however, onsite daytime availability is required.
Compensation for this position will be $20 per hour.
4.0 Submission procedure
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume and 3 references to email@example.com with the subject: Capital Projects Administrative Assistant. Submissions must be received prior to 3 PM, Thursday, January 23, 2020.
Short listed candidates will be interviewed and asked to complete one or more test tasks.
5.0 Award of Contract:
Residents’ Council (the Board of Directors of the Co-op) will be responsible for the selection of the successful candidate.
The Co-op reserves the right to select any or no proposal at its sole and unfettered discretion.
6.0 Questions and Additional Information:
Questions and requests for additional information should be directed to the General Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: Query – Capital Projects Administrative Assistant