Administrative Support – Marketview Co-op – Deadline Aug 24th
JOB POSTING July 28, 2020:
Marketview Housing Co-operative Inc. is hiring for the position of Administrative Support. Resumes with cover letters are due no later than Monday, August 24, 2020 at 12 p.m. and must be submitted by email to email@example.com.
About Marketview Co-operative Houses:
Marketview Housing Co-operative Inc. is a vibrant 112 unit housing co-op located across from the St. Lawrence Market. Our community is multicultural and full of diversity. We are looking for an energetic, full time, experienced, Administrative Assistant to join our amazing team.
• Must have a good understanding of Housing Co-operatives and how they
• University degree or an equivalent combination of education and related work experience.
• Organized and energetic with demonstrated experience in performing
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, great problem solving skills
and the ability to multi-task and prioritize work
• Proficient in MS Office, HM Worx and NewViews
• Proficient in RGI calculations
• Proven ability to work independently and within a team
• Exceptional interpersonal skills to interface with a very diverse community and
the staff team while maintaining a high level of confidentiality in all interactions
• Must have experience working with volunteers (committees and board members)
• Experience with non-profit housing sector preferable
Administrative Support reports to the Manager and Maintenance Manager and is responsible for the following:
Administrative and Financial Duties:
1. Perform general reception including greeting visitors, answering phones, inputting work orders, providing information, opening and distributing mail.
2. Maintain corporate records including corporate files, accounts payable and receivables records, maintenance files, member files, supplier and contractor files, other files as required.
3. Perform housing administration functions of property management including timely distribution of internal and external communication, photocopying, faxing, mailing correspondence and data entry.
4. Create and draft correspondence for Manager and research when necessary including letters, lists, charts, binders, etc.
5. Proficiency in rent-geared-to-income calculations and familiarity with the rules applicable
6. Maintain an inventory of office supplies and prepare a list of supplies for purchase, verify quantities of deliveries.
7. Co-ordinate all information related to cheque requisitions (service record, purchase order, packing slips, invoices) for approval of the Maintenance/Manager.
8. Maintain Waiting list both internal and external and have experience with central waiting list
9. Administration of parking policies and procedures monthly.
10. Assist with key control procedures for move-ins and contractors.
11. Maintain an inventory of furnishings and equipment owned by the Co-operative and update annually.
12. Maintain open office hours between hours approved by the Board of Directors.
13. Prepare and distribute reminder notices of late payments under the direction of the manager.
14. Issue receipts for payments as requested.
15. Assist in monitoring payment plans.
16. Assist in verifying income and calculating housing charges, ensuring timely distribution of income verification forms, collection of completed forms and information, follow-up on information not submitted, inputting housing charge data in software program, printing and distribution of notices of changes in housing charges.
17. Prepare notices of housing charge changes in co-ordination with NewViews HM Worx, or other software program.
18. Maintain and keep co-op systems up-to-date using HM Worx and NewViews
19. Assist in any preparations for Board meetings, Members meetings, the annual audit and budget process, such as Agenda, Bring Forward List, Member List, Board Packages, Minutes, etc.
20. Depending on the needs of the Co-operative, this role and its duties may be
1. Receive and process applications from prospective members and ensure the following steps are adhered to: income limit verification and credit/rental checks, information sent to membership committee liaison for interview set-up, submit to Board of Directors for approval via Manager.
2. Show units to prospective members when necessary.
3. Maintain a waiting list of prospective members both internally and externally and review annually by letter.
4. Issue application acceptance and rejection letters on behalf of the Manager and the Board of Directors.
5. Distribute membership information.
1. Attend General Meetings of Members.
2. Prepare notices of meetings.
3. Distribute minutes and other correspondence as required.
4. Assist the Manager in responding to requests for information by Board members.
5. Assist the Manager in enforcing the terms of any agreements between the Co-operative and the Co-op’s funding body including compliance with guidelines and directives, the Co-operative Corporations Act, the Housing Services Act and all other legal requirements of the corporation.
6. Attend both Staff and Board meetings and take minutes.
7. Other duties as assigned from time to time by the Manager.
Experience and Skills:
We’re seeking a self-motivated individual who demonstrates initiative, can work independently with minimal supervision to prioritize duties, and uses good judgement to make appropriate decisions.
The ideal candidate would have the following skills and experience:
• Two to three years of administrative experience in the co-op or not-profit housing sector.
• Able to work independently while working with a team.
• Effective at prioritizing tasks and handling stress in an extremely busy environment.
• Knowledgeable about housing policy and associated regulatory environment.
• Experience working with volunteers.
• Proficiency with Word, Excel, Outlook; familiar with NewViews, HMWorx, Central Waiting list
• Experience with rent or housing charge calculations.
• Excellent people, communication and time-management skills.
• Excellent written and spoken English.
The right candidate should be able to work independently when the Manager is out of the office. Be able to stand in for the Manager at board meetings when the Manager is not available.
Monday, Tuesday and Friday 8:00am-4pm
Thursday 11am to 7pm
Attend Board meeting to take minutes once a month – in which the shift will be 2pm to 10pm (approximately) and it is usually scheduled the third Thursday of the month.
How to Apply:
Send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. The deadline for applications is Monday, August 24, 2020 at 12 p.m. Please note that only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Competitive salary based on qualifications and experience and we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package.