Administrative Assistant – Margaret Laurence Co-op – Deadline Mar 27th
Margaret Laurence Housing Co-operative
81 Dalhousie Street
Toronto, Ontario M5B 2N1
Part time – 25 hours per week with some evening and weekend work
Margaret Laurence Housing Co-operative, funded by the Province of Ontario and administered by the City of Toronto, is a 149-household diverse and inclusive apartment building with complex needs located in the Church and Dundas area.
The co-op is seeking an Administrative Assistant with strong administrative skills with the ability to multi-task and supervise when needed. This position may require some working into the early evenings.
The Administrative Assistant is a support person to and is directed and supervised by the Manager.
• Experience in a co-operative housing environment
• Ability to multitask and handle fast-paced situations
• Pleasant, tactful and effective people skills
• Excellent time-management, communication and organizational skills
• Computer literacy in Microsoft, Office, Word, PPT, and Excel
• Knowledge of HMWorks (training can be made available)
• Ability to work alone and/or in a team environment
• Ability and willingness to learn new skills easily
• Familiarity/knowledge of RGI/Waitlists an asset.
• General office administration
• Support to all standing committees and Maintenance Staff
• Co-ordinate move ins and move outs
• Subsidy calculations
• Assist with preparing agendas, correspondence and reports for board and committees
• Prepare and distribute notices and information to all members
• Taking minutes of meetings
• Maintaining work order and member database
Three references must be provided at the interview.
Deadline for applications: Friday, March 27, 2020
Send resumes to:
Attention: Hiring Committee, Margaret Laurence Housing Co-operative
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
We thank all interested candidates. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.