Houselink Community Homes is a leader in the field of supportive housing and recovery for people living with Mental Illness. We have the following opening for individuals interested in joining our progressive workplace:
Mental Health Supported Housing Worker
Steps Program (formerly ISHI)
One year Contract position
The Mental Health Supported Housing Worker is a member of an integrated support team providing joint services in collaboration with Fred Victor, TCH, and a number of community or hospital based partners. The position is responsible, using a recovery framework to establish and maintain working relationships with tenants to achieve a safe living environment including fire safety, tenant security, health and safety concerns at specified Toronto Community Housing (TCH) locations. The Mental Health Supported Housing Worker has significant responsibilities in fostering strong partnerships including:
• Attending regular partnership meetings and actively identifying issues and solving problems
• Working in tandem with project staff to support tenants and refer them to appropriate services
• Working with project staff to identify and resolve community issues
Required Skills, Knowledge, Ability and Experience
This position requires an individual who has:
• proven ability to work productively and independently in a multi-agency partnership
• demonstrated well-developed interpersonal skills that will produce effective, productive and appropriate relationships with tenants, external agencies and TCH
• excellent verbal, written communication, and listening skills
• demonstrated organizational, time management, and problem solving skills
• knowledge of homelessness, mental illness, addictions, harm reduction and community resources
• experience in basic life skills counselling, supportive counselling, crisis intervention, advocacy, community development and group work, including mediation and conflict resolution
• demonstrated abilities in accurate and timely record keeping and file management
• commitment to anti-oppression and working in a recovery framework
• the capability to perform physical demands of the job including travel to various housing locations and practical assistance with daily living tasks
• knowledge of building maintenance and life safety systems
Hourly rate is $27.23/hour. This is a bargaining unit position and is governed by the terms of the Collective Agreement.
Job offers are contingent upon the successful completion of a Criminal Records Check. Houselink is committed to the hiring of staff with lived experience with mental health challenges. Therefore, the information obtained from the criminal records check will be used only for determining whether the applicant represents any potential harm to our service participants.
Please send cover letter and resume, Quoting File # MHSHW-222 by Jan 14, 2020 by 5:00 pm to:
Houselink Community Homes, Hiring Committee
805 Bloor Street West, Toronto, ON M6G 1L8
Or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Houselink has an equity hiring policy, is committed providing an inclusive selection process. Applications are encouraged from people with lived experience of mental health challenges and other equity seeking groups. Houselink will provide accommodation, upon request, to ensure a fair and equitable process.