Windmill Line Co-operative Homes Inc.
Position Type: Part Time, 24 hours Date Ad Posted: December 3, 2019
Job Region: ON-Downtown Toronto Application Deadline: January 3, 2020
Windmill Line Co-operative Homes, a 206 unit housing co-operative in Toronto is seeking a part-time (24 hrs/wk) Administrative Assistant. Under the supervision of the General Manager, the Administrative Assistant will provide reception duties to members/general public, administrative support to co-op staff, some clerical and financial duties and community program assistance to ensure the overall good standing of the Co-op.
• Ensure that all member inquiries are addressed in an efficient and timely manner
• Work with manager to prepare and deliver material for board/member’s meetings
• Work with the various committees as required
• Follow the co-op policies and procedures specifically with respect to move in/outs
• Maintain internal transfer/waiting lists
• Maintain the room book log and assist members and outside parties with booking inquiries
• Direct members to the appropriate staff person
• Support all co-op staff in their daily tasks and activities
• Maintain staff calendars and weekly schedules
• Ensure that reports, minutes, agendas and other Board/member documents are circulated as required
• Set up filing systems/ensure that the filing system is up-to-date and maintained
• Allocate member parking and maintain parking records
• Handle reception and telephone duties during office hours and return telephone calls
• Take recorded telephone messages and pass them to the appropriate person
• Handle deliveries, incoming/outgoing mail and courier
• Creating/posting reports/memorandums/notices/board minutes
• Order office supplies and maintain an office supply inventory
Inquiries, Applicants and New Members
• Reply to inquiries and receive application forms
• Photocopy applications, welcome binder, by-laws for applicants or new members
• Help to organize information sessions and prepare materials for interviews
• Process applications
• Co-ordinate move-ins/move-outs
• Maintaining external waiting lists
• High school Diploma or equivalent: College degree or administrative assistant certificate preferred
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in administrative assistant services
• Previous experience working in a housing co-operative is an asset
• High Proficiency in using Microsoft Outlook and Google Calendars
• Superior written and oral communication skills
• Ability to communicate with members of diverse backgrounds and abilities
• Solid organizational and time management skills
• Experience in maintaining confidential files and basic knowledge of PIPEDA legislation
Some evening and weekend work is required.
The successful candidate will need to provide the employer with a Canadian Police Certificate for Employment.
$18.00 – $23.00 per hour (based on experience)
If you are interested in this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5pm, January 3, 2020.
We thank all interested candidates. However, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Windmill Line Co-operative Homes is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive, barrier-free hiring processes. If contacted for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.