Harry Sherman Crowe Co-op – Tender Package – please click here for more details
Houselink Community Homes is a leader in the field of supportive housing and recovery for people living with Mental Illness. We have the following opening for individuals interested in joining our progressive workplace:
The Maintenance Worker is responsible for a variety of maintenance tasks and repairs at assigned buildings and for working with the Property Services team to provide services to tenants. This position is responsible for processing work orders, unit turnover, building maintenance and cleanliness.
This position requires a person who:
• Demonstrated skill and experience in plumbing, carpentry, painting & dry-wall, electrical work and mechanical systems
• Good verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with supervisor, team members and residents
• ability to work and communicate with staff and members from diverse backgrounds
• Knowledgeable of life safety systems, fire code, building code and Residential Tenancies Act; and Occupational Health & Safety Act
• Demonstrated organizational and administrative skills including ability to maintain records, schedule priorities and see work through to completion.
• Ability to perform lifting up to 50 pounds and to work outside as required
• Valid Driver’s license and access to an appropriately insured car or van.
Hourly rate is $22.36/hour. This is a bargaining unit position, the rate is as per the collective agreement.
Job offers are contingent upon the successful completion of a Criminal Records Check. Houselink is committed to the hiring of staff with lived experience with mental health challenges. Therefore, the information obtained from the criminal records check will be
used only for determining whether the applicant represents any potential harm to our
For more information about this position, see the complete job description at:
Please forward a cover letter and resume by October 15, 2019 at 5:00 pm.
Quoting File # MW 222 to:
Hiring Committee, Houselink Community Homes
805 Bloor Street West
Toronto, ON M6G 1L8
Or by fax: 416 539-0693
Houselink has an equity hiring policy and is committed providing an inclusive selection process. Applications are encouraged from people with lived experience of mental health challenges and other equity seeking groups. Houselink will provide accommodation, upon request, to ensure a fair and equitable process.