Non-Profit Housing Co-operative, Inc.
Co-op Office, 477 Sherbourne Street, Toronto, ON M4X 1K5
Tel (416) 925-8543; Fax. (416) 925-9268
Canada Summer Jobs 2019
Student Job Posting – Maintenance Assistant
Contract Period: June – August (9 weeks)
Hours: 30 hours a week / Monday-Friday
Salary: $14.00 per hour
Ernescliffe Housing Co-op is a diverse downtown community of 98 households. We have received funding to train and deliver maintenance services to our membership.
The student will learn:
• painting of units and any common areas
• minor repairs and installation work, residential plumbing, and general carpentry skills
• emergency procedural planning and safety awareness
We are looking for a student who:
• is able to work independently as well as ability to take direction.
• has experience with basic maintenance tasks, such as plastering, painting, plumbing, cleaning or a willingness to learn.
• is flexible and have computer and word processing skills
• has an ability to work in a diverse community of members and staff.
Qualifications: Students must:
• be full time students between 18 and 30 years of age.
• have been registered as full time student in the previous academic year, and intend to return to school.
• be students in College/University, vocational or technical program.
• not hold another full time summer job.
Ernescliffe is committed to being/ a fair and equitable employer.
Please submit by mail, fax, or e-mail applications listing previous work and two telephone references to: Ernescliffe Co-op: 477 Sherbourne Street Toronto ON M4X 1K5, FAX: 416-925-9268
DEADLINE: JUNE 25, 2019
Only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.