Own Housing Co-operative Manager
OWN Housing Co-operative is seeking a Full-Time Housing Manger for a 142 Unit Housing Co-operative in downtown Toronto.
Reporting to the Co-operative Board of Directors, the Manager will be accountable for the Management of the Co-operative’s Operations and Supervision of Office Staff
The Successful Candidate will have the following Skills and Responsibilities
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to work with a diverse population, mainly Seniors
• Five (5) or more years in a Residential Cooperative Setting
• Excellent Organizational Skills , Time Management and Problem Solving Skills
• Able to work effectively as a Team Leader using a Cooperative Style of Management with Staff and the Board
• Ability to create a harmonious work environment and build Community Relations with members
• Manage the Co-operatives Finances
• Knowledge of Basic Accounting Principles. Ability to read and prepare financial statements
• Ensure the Co-operative meets its legal obligation in a timely manner
• Support the Board and Membership to deliver Effective Governance
• Proficient with computer software programs including Word, Excel, NewViews2, HM Worx
• Experience with Rent-Geared-to-Income Program Administration
• Research, write, and obtain funding for a variety of Cooperative Programs
• Diplomacy, Patience and Flexibility in dealing with Members’ problems and situations
• Knowledge of The Residential Tenancies Act, Housing Services Act, Co-operative Corporations Act
The Candidate should enjoy taking a methodical approach to their work, co-ordinating and supervising the work of committed Staff and a Volunteer Board of Directors.
Security clearance will be required.
Some evening and weekend work is required. The co-op offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
If interested, please apply by email no later than Monday July 15th 2019, 4:00 p.m. firstname.lastname@example.org
We sincerely appreciate the interest of all applicants. However, we will only contact those who are selected for an interview.