Administrative Support Worker
21 hours per week, Part-time, Non-unionized position
Jane/Finch Centre is a community based organization driven by passion, innovation and a strong commitment to social justice, community engagement and collaboration. Our vision is a healthy Jane Finch community – strong, inclusive, socially and politically active through diversity, opportunity and participation.
The Family and Child department supports families with young children ages 0-12. There are two major services:
EarlyON Child and Family Centre is a place for parents, grandparents, caregivers, and children six years of age and younger to play and learn together. Our Centres are open to all families in Ontario. They’re welcoming places that offer a range of services.
The Giving Leaders Opportunities for Wonder (GLOW) program provides opportunities for children from 6 to 12 years old to participate in academic, social, and recreational activities. We offer a safe and welcoming environment open to children in the Jane and Finch area, to play, relax and interact with peers.
The Jane/Finch Centre is currently hiring an Administrative Support Worker who is responsible for completing a variety of administrative tasks to support the day-to-day functioning of the EarlyON Child and Family Centre. This is an 8 month contract position for 21 hours per week, not including lunch break at a rate of $25.80 per hour. The regular hours of work will be scheduled as decided by program requirements during our hours of operation which are 8:30 am to 8:00 pm, including Saturdays. The position will be located within any of JFC’s locations based on community and program requirements.
Reports to the Manager, Family and Child Programs and provides direct supervision of students and volunteers.
The Administrative Support Worker is responsible for completing a variety of administrative tasks to support the day-to-day functioning of the EarlyON Child and Family Centre.
a) Reception Duties 10%
• Respond to inquiries made in-person, by phone, by mail or email and make appropriate referrals both within and outside of the EarlyON Child and Family Centre.
• Perform specific clerical functions (e.g. photocopying, preparing materials for Parent Advisory Committee, etc.).
b) Data management 40%
• File all correspondence for the EarlyON Child and Family Centre.
• Set up and maintain a comprehensive filing system for the department.
• Update information in the files as needed.
• Manage participants’ registration and attendance through the Salesforce Database.
• Train staff in data management processes.
c) Program Administrative Support 30%
• Create the monthly attendance sheets for the Centre.
• Create and maintain spreadsheet of employee certifications and expiry dates.
• Maintain inventory of supplies and coordinate purchases.
• Prepare monthly staff schedule.
• Create agenda documents and take minutes at staff meetings.
• Ensure program information on the JFC website is updated and maintained in consultation with the manager.
d) Volunteer Management 15%
• Liaison with colleges and universities to attract new students.
• Coordinate and facilitate the EarlyON orientation for new students/ volunteers (e.g. intake and registration, review timesheets and track hours).
e) Miscellaneous 5%
• Willing to perform other duties, if required, to ensure a safe, healthy, nurturing environment for children and families.
Qualifications\Experience and Skills:
• Demonstrated knowledge of data management systems and processes (e.g. Salesforce).
• Demonstrated cultural competence and experience working with a diversity of communities/cultures.
• Proven commitment to organizational principles of anti-discrimination, anti-oppression and community development.
• Experience working in a unionized environment an asset.
• Verbal and written fluency in a second language as represented in the Jane/Finch community an asset.
Education and Certifications:
• The minimum level of education preferred is a College Diploma in Business Administration or equivalent years’ experience in the administrative field.
• A satisfactory police check is required upon employment.
Please submit resumes and cover letters as one attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes should be received no later than midnight Monday, April 22, 2019 and should reference “EarlyON ASW” in the subject line.
We provide accommodation during all parts of the hiring process, upon request, to applicants with disabilities. Applicants should make their needs known in advance.
APPLICANTS FROM INDIGENOUS COMMUNITIES AND OTHER EQUITY-SEEKING GROUPS ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Administrative Support Worker – Jane/Finch Centre