Houselink Community Homes is a leader in the field of supportive housing and recovery for people living with Mental Illness. We have the following opening for individuals interested in joining our progressive workplace:
Full time permanent
The Support Manager is part of the Support Services leadership team and has the overall responsibility, at specified housing locations, for ensuring conditions that enhance the quality of life of the tenants that Houselink supports. The Support Manager oversees and supervises teams to ensure adequate coverage in the housing portfolio that supports healthy, safe environments and interventions in accordance with Mental Health Recovery and Harm Reduction principles. The Support Manager prepares in consultation with Director of Support Services an annualized budget, operates within budget and approves expenditures. In addition, the Manager, along with other Support Services Managers, is required to regularly monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the organization’s services to tenants and make changes when necessary in accordance with funding guidelines and relevant legislation.
As part of the senior management team, this position:
• Provides leadership with the organization
• Ensures optimum use of resources
• Recommends and implements strategic planning for the organization and department strategies that support the plan – including the identification and creation of policies and procedures necessary to ensure quality services
• Is accountable for the promotion and consistent application of Houselink’s policies and practices to ensure the areas of responsibility adhere to and promote the mission and principles of the organization
• Promotes organization at external venues
• Identifies and participates in the growth and expansion of the agency including identifying human resource needs, program and partnership opportunities
• Leads and manages projects
• Establishes and maintains partnership
• Prepares and submits reports to funders
• Works collaboratively and cooperate with other members of the management team to ensure the organization operates efficiently and effectively
• Responsible for continuous quality improvement
The Support Manager will work to ensure that the appropriate quality and quantity of services is being provided to the residents; identify available resources and utilize them effectively, including staff, finances, the services of the maintenance department and outside services; and provide leadership to the staff team. Please note that this position involves some on-call, evening and weekend duties.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience Required
• Experience in management of complex direct service programs serving marginalized people
• Degree or Diploma in related field
• Preparing and managing non-profit budgets
• Hiring and supervising staff in a unionized environment
• Problem solving, trouble shooting and analytical skills
• Assessing program needs and developing effective responses
• Knowledge of current, relevant legislation
• Team work, team building and leadership skills including mentoring and coaching
• Demonstrated communication and presentation skills
• Able to relate to a broad range of stakeholders with tact and diplomacy
• Awareness of building maintenance and life safety systems
• Demonstrated knowledge and ability around program evaluation, documentation and accurate maintenance of program related records
• Demonstrated ability to work with Microsoft office
This is a permanent, full time, senior management position with a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
Job offers are contingent upon the successful completion of a Criminal Records Check. Houselink is committed to the hiring of staff with lived experience with mental health challenges. Therefore, the information obtained from the criminal records check will be used only for determining whether the applicant represents any potential harm to our service participants.
Please send cover letter and resume, Quoting File # SM-2019 Deadline to apply:
June 24, 2019 by 5 pm to:
Houselink Community Homes, Hiring Committee
805 Bloor Street West, Toronto, ON M6G 1L8
Or email to email@example.com
No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Houselink has an equity hiring policy and is committed providing an inclusive selection process. Applications are encouraged from people with lived experience of mental health challenges and other equity seeking groups. Houselink will provide accommodation, upon request, to ensure a fair and equitable process.
Support Manager (Full-time) – Houselink