Welcome to the Co-operative Housing Federation of Toronto
Our vision of who we are is also shaped by our commitment to give service of the best possible quality at a fair price.
We define our commitment to serve through the aims that Canadian housing co-operatives hold in common.
What is CHFT?
In 1974, a group of non-profit housing co-operatives set up a small organization to promote the development of new co-ops and to provide the education and assistance needed by the growing co-operative housing sector.
Today, the Co-operative Housing Federation of Toronto (CHFT) is a member-supported organization representing more than 45,000 people living in more than 160 non-profit housing co-operatives located in Toronto and York Region.
Click here to learn more about CHFT.
- An Open Letter on the National Housing Strategy to the Honourable …Read More »
- Arcadia Co-op will be hosting a Public Information Session for …Read More »
- The Century of Co-operation reception is an annual event. It …Read More »
- We would like to introduce the CHFT Board of Directors. …Read More »
- The annual CHFT Scholarship Presentation and fundraising event took place …Read More »
The CHFT Charitable Fund continues to develop and provide innovative and helpful programs. The funds has assisted hundreds of co-op members through our various programs.
In 2004, the Co-operative Housing Federation of Toronto launched the CHFT Diversity Scholarship Program. The program is for people living in CHFT member housing co-ops.
About Housing Co-ops
Housing co-ops are in every neighbourhood in the city. A co-op can be a medium size apartment building or townhouses. People who live in co-ops come from every walk of life.
Find a Co-op
There are over 45,000 people living in 160 non-profit housing co-operatives throughout Toronto and in the York Region. To find the co-op of your choice, click below.